Wednesday, February 27, 2013

chaos

So my goal to write down my experiences with my daily challenge isn't happening every day, but I'll check back in now.

Our house in OK was supposed to close today so it has been a little busy with signing and notarizing paperwork and then overnighting it there so that everything can be ready. Yesterday we found out that it will be delayed again until March 5th. We have spent $70.00 unnecessarily in overnighting paperwork to them that #1 never needed to be sent in the first place and then "rushing" it to them so it could sit in the office for a week. That is frustrating to me as I count every penny.

We found a house that we want to buy, I can't remember if I had mentioned that before? It's a step down from our house in OK but the best we can find here in Craig. There is plenty about it that is nice. But this week as we were running around with paperwork on the OK house, we got a phone call that Georges house had flooded over the weekend. Literally, water everywhere. A pipe in the toilet had somehow malfunctioned and water went all over the kitchen floor which then seeped down into the basement annihilating everything in the basement. Is this good or bad for us? I can't decide. It seems god, but could be a bad omen.

Zachary has been loosing teeth and reading better and writing a little better. His smile is so cute. The other day he said to me, "Mom, I think I'll sell this on ebay." I looked down and he was holding his old paperback dog-eared Book of Mormon. To him it surely is worth a lot so it must be valuable on ebay, right?

As far as my personal challenge, I pray every day to be shown someone who needs help. I can't say I have a specific experience every day. But I can say that the effort has caused me slow down a little and take extra time with some people. The other day I felt like I needed to take extra time with David explaining the Kingrey anxiety disorder. I think that lots of his stomach problems are probably nothing more than him experiencing anxiety. Micajah too actually. Yesterday he woke up in a terrible mood and was making everyone pay for it. After everyone was gone, I just held him for a little in the rocking chair. A funny sight, I'm sure, but it was good and calmed him down.
Yesterday I also had a FABULOUS discussion with Jacob and Micajah regarding being people of the covenant. I had them research how the "fathers" got their wives, who they married and why they went to such lengths to find the "right" wife. A woman of the covenant. They couldn't marry just anyone. She had to be of the covenant to keep the Abrahamic Covenant going and in tact. The significance of it, the supreme importance of it.
We are children of the covenant. Abraham is our father. The "father of many nations." We cannot break that covenant by marrying outside of it. This goes much further than "we don't date members who are not members of our church." This is keeping the Abrahamic Covenant, which must be continued from one generation to the next. It was amazing and I love having these discussions with them. They listened and I hope the message went to their heart. David was there too but it was a little over his head.

Other than those things, the other things I have done which I hope fall into the category of helping others who need it is that I listened and talked with Kate during homeschool group and took more time than normal with her.

Yesterday I had the impression that really needed to do something for Annie and I really think that I will give her one of the Liz Lemon Swindle pictures of Christ. I've gotta figure out the timing of that one. I'd like to frame it really nice but I want her to be able to read the back first??

Tomorrow Keith and I leave for a long weekend alone. Cameron and Alice will stay here with the kids. I don't know how to feel about it. Keith and I haven't been alone in such a long time. I haven't left all my responsibilities for a weekend and I want to enjoy it! I hope that I will.

snow, snow snow, we keep getting it and it has been plenty cold!
I turn 40 on Monday but yesterday I listened to President Packer give a devotional and read a poem he wrote about being old and how he wouldn't trade being young again for all the experiences he has had! Perfect that I heard it right before my 40th birthday. I will not be sad to be turning 40.
I'll try to post that poem here.

1 comment:

  1. Isn't being 40 great! I didn't know David was having digestive issues. I guess I need to be a better aunt and check in more. As for holding Micajah, I remember doing that with Karl when he lived with me. Sometimes I think they just need the touch that no one else can provide.

    I think you are too hard on yourself about not following through on promptings....in fact, check out my blog. I'm going to write about the lessons I learned while in the halfway house.

    ReplyDelete